How do you upgrade porridge?
Check our quick and easy tips for an amazing healthy home-made bowl of oatmeal:
1. Make it with nut milk like hazelnut milk, almond milk or cashew milk.
Whether you use it for porridge or an oat bowl pant-based milk made with nuts will enhance the flavour of oats.
2. Add some fresh fruit like sliced banana, apple or berries.
Fresh fruits will bring your porridge to another level. Mixed or topped with fruits, your porridge will provide you with more fibre and essential vitamins (health bomb!).
3. Add some nuts, like almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts, pistachios and more.
Nuts are a great companion to oatmeal. They will make it even healthier (another health bomb!) and give it an extra crunch.
4. Top it with chia seeds, hemp seeds or flaxseed.
Seeds are a fantastic topping for nearly every dish. Paired with porridge, they will give it an extra crunch, extra fibre and healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
5. Add some aromatic spices like turmeric, nutmeg, ginger or cinnamon.
Many spices will be great to upgrade your porridge. Start with a bit of cinnamon, then add some turmeric, nutmeg or ginger and create your favourite porridge seasoning. They will make your porridge warmer and add a few health benefits as well.
6. Add some agave or maple syrup instead of sugar.
If you need a bit of sweetness, skip the sugar, and instead go for agave or maple syrup.
7. Add a dash of your favourite juice.
Fruit juice is also a great sweetener for porridge. If you decide to use it, remember to reduce the amount of milk.
8. Use organic oats and top-quality sea salt.
Quality matters also when it comes to every food, even salt.